Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring All Around

these would look so much better in some sun light, but since we've had about 2 minutes of it in the last 4 days...this is the best I can do.

Again "copying" the very talented Natalia Bonner from Piece N Quilt. We {Amy and I} found the recipe on Moda Bake Shop and fell in love with the cute circle flowers. I knew I wanted mine to have more flowers and have more of a border. I am so happy with how it turned out. I struggled a little with the small strips of the border, but you can't tell too much that it's a little crooked. Considering I've only been making quilts {or sewing in general} for about a year, I'd say it's pretty good.





With the left over scraps, I of course made some towels {the not to be used kind} for the kitchen.


Now if it would just really be spring, we would be so happy....but we do live in Chicago and it's a little early for springtime here. {but I hope it's soon}


11 comments:

  1. Great job! I love how you transformed the Blushing Quilt into that springy wall hanging! Oh and I love the tea towels. I think you should use them though, don't be afraid, it's all cotton, right? I'm definitely going to be a follower and I hope you'll stop by and say hi at my blog too. I found you on New Friend Friday on TGC.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the towels! I want to make some of those... so glad that I stumbled in! I am visiting by way of New Friend Friday at TGC. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week! until later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looooove the towels!! soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! I just found your blog through Get Your Craft On! I am excited to start following your adorable blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous wall hanging! Those tea towels are just darling as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your little towels.. the fabric addition is wonderful!
    Good job!
    Sandy

    http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is super cute :) I would love for you to come and link up to check me out saturdays at www.iamonly1woman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once before, I said that I thought that this was adorable. One of the cutest ones yet, but I don't see my comment on here and I don't know where it went. Probably into outer space, I guess. Love It!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once before I said that this one was adorable. One of the cutest ones yet, but somehow I don't see my comment on here. I don't know where it went, probably into outerspace someplace. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails