Saturday, May 22, 2010

Flag Wall Hangings and Wreaths




In celebration of Memorial Day, Flag Day, 4th of July and SUMMER we have created our latest wall hangings.  Since we did exactly the same pattern we decided to join our pictures together and show you how excited we are that we have them done.  These wall hangings are ragged and we found the pattern in the Sew Easy Rag Quilting Book, the pattern is Allegiance.  It took us each a couple of hours to finish since there are not too many pieces.  We redesigned the pattern to drop off the extra edges and also to just use a regular star shape we took off the computer.  We also added Warm and Natural to give it a little more poofiness {is that a word?}  The effect is amazing.  Liberty's has dark blue, red and cream and Amy's has blue, red and white.


Of course when we were done we had leftover scraps that made a wonderful star door hanging.  It took some fiddling with the hanger or hangers (in Liberty's case) to get them to stay together.  We didn't tie it the same as our other two wreaths.  I (AMY) did the whole thing the last way and when I got done it looked just like my other two wreaths and not at all like the star I had formed.  After removing all of the pieces and starting over I figured out if you tied them by pulling the ends through the loop it made it so there was definition and you could see the star.  I'm not sure if that makes any sense but if you are interested please leave a comment and I can try and explain or do a demonstration.



Photobucket
Photobucket
Making

The Girl Creative

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. love them! you could use any design and any colour. I really like the stars. I followed you home from creative itch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rag quilts! I have a link party on my blog on saturdays at http://www.iamonly1woman.blogspot.com I hope you can stop by the party is still going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love red, white and blue crafts! Your wall-hangings look so cozy. Thanks for sharing ... I've posted a link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails