Monday, January 31, 2011

Baby, Binkies and Blocks


Okay now isn't she cute?  She is modelling a valentine's day binkie clip that I can now cross off my TO DO list.  I didn't just make one.  You know they get dirty and also you can never have enough binkie's around.  So I made 4.


Two have the same pattern on one side but a different matching pattern on the other.  I found the tutorial at Sew, Mama, Sew!  My only change was I used a snap instead of the Velcro.  I think it will stay together better, especially since Esther loves to pull it out occasionally.



I also test ran a pattern for baby blocks.  I had some left over material that seemed perfect for baby blocks.  Full of texture and different colors.  Don't know if she likes them yet - the jury is still out.  (Although Kirsten and Peter can be found playing with them.)  There is a pretty good tutorial on Flickr by London mommy.  I didn't really change anything on this except I made one with 4 inch squares and one with 5 inch.  I'm not sure if it is my stuffing job or just the stuffing that makes them so round looking.  I know that the black fabric is a bit stretchy.  Oh, well my kids will play with them and probably never notice.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails